Summer Street Party
It’s a Summer Street Party, 5:00-8:30 PM, Thursday, August 3, 2017, on Rollins Avenue between 42nd Street and 41st Street!
Hosted by #ShopRoosevelt, Roosevelt Cultural District, and the Des Moines Community Playhouse’s Curtain Crowd
The excitement begins at 5:00 PM on Rollins Avenue, between the Playhouse and the Shops at Roosevelt.
- Juice Co will be selling smoothies, bubble tea and lemonade.
- Food trucks from Waab’s Piggin’ Out and Sweet Treats Ice Cream Company will be on site.
- Shops on both sides of 42nd Street will offer one-night only specials.
- vomFASS will sample olive oil and infused vinegar spritzers.
- Activities for children, such as bubble painting and backpack bling, will be provided by Five Monkeys, Swell, and Elements Ltd.
- Watch a live visual art event, the Battle of the Brushes. Five artists will be given a theme and then have 90 minutes to each create a 24″ x 36″ artwork. Participating artists Eric Guyler, Luke Hubbard, Kindra Noel, Kathleen Roling, and Ben Schuh work in a variety of mediums including chalk, pastel, and oil. A silent auction will be held for the finished pieces, with 75% of proceeds going to the artists and 25% going to the non-profit Roosevelt Cultural District, currently involved in the 42nd Street beautification project.
- Meredith Willson’s The Music Man will be on the Des Moines Community Playhouse stage a 7:30 PM that evening. Tickets are still available.
- The Playhouse’s Curtain Crowd, a social group for young adults 18-35, will be hosting a pre-show event in the theatre’s lobby.
Luke Hubbard is an abstract painter who enjoys color. He applies acrylic paint with a painters knife for varying line, texture and layering. The end goal is a piece that is pleasing to the eye.
Kindra Noel is a Des Moines-based artist. Noel uses acrylic and charcoal on gallery wrapped canvases. She focuses on landscapes, cityscapes, and portraits.
Kathleen Roling is a professional 3D chalk artist creating colorful chalk art murals and 3D art pieces at various festivals, fairs, contests, and events. She is also a prophetic arts minister, traveling to churches in the US and overseas missions to encourage and edify church families through God’s voice expressed through art. Roling will be creating a vibrant chalk piece on stretched cotton fabric at Battle of the Brushes.
Currently there are no Press Release Content to display.
Currently there are no Publicity Photos to display.