May 2-5, 2019 (No spots remaining)
May 9-12, 2019 (No spots remaining)
Cost: $2249 per person, double occupancy $125 per person non-refundable deposit due at registration (Please note our new trip policies below.)
Led by Playhouse artistic director John Viars and executive director David Kilpatrick, the trip includes:
- Roundtrip airfare between Des Moines and New York on Delta Airlines’ nonstop flights
- 3 nights double occupancy at the Renaissance Times Square
- 3 Broadway theatre tickets: On Thursday and Friday evening, the group sees shows together. The chosen shows are Tootsie and To Kill a Mockingbird. Saturday’s show is the traveler’s choice and can be a matinee or evening show. (It is possible that a limited number of Hamilton, Dear Evan Hansen, and Frozen tickets can be obtained on the secondary market for a significant upcharge, currently $750-1,000 per ticket).
- Group transportation between the airport and hotel in New York if you are traveling with the group
- Baggage handling at the hotel for one large bag and appropriate baggage handling tips
Not included in the trip are fees for checking luggage with the airline, tips for optional tours, transportation in New York, meals, and tour and travel incidentals. If you are not traveling with the group, you will have to take a taxi from the airport to the hotel at your expense. Prices and details of offerings are subject to change. Additional charges incurred for deviations from the trip.
Options, including tours and a welcome dinner, will be offered at an additional cost. Optional travel insurance will be offered through Allied Travel at an additional cost.
The Playhouse is not responsible for any airline delays.
Please note our new trip policies:
- $125 per person deposit due at time of registration. Deposit is non-refundable.
- Final balance due Feb. 1, 2019.
- Cancel Feb. 2-Mar. 15, 2019: 50% of the trip cost is non-refundable.
- Cancel Mar. 16-May 2, 2019: No refund.
Best of Broadway trips in the news Interview with John Viars, WHO-TV13 News, Dec. 18, 2019