Due to construction at the theatre, there will not be a Fall 2018 trip.
Spring trip dates are May 2-5, 2019, and May 9-12, 2019. Further details to be announced.
Led by Playhouse artistic director John Viars and executive director David Kilpatrick, the trip includes:
- Round trip airfare between Des Moines and New York on Delta Airlines’ nonstop flights
- 3 nights double occupancy at the Renaissance Times Square
- 3 Broadway theatre tickets: On Thursday and Friday evening, the group sees shows together. Saturday’s show is traveler’s choice and can be a matinee or evening show. (It is possible that a limited number of Hamilton, Dear Evan Hansen, and Frozen tickets can be obtained on the secondary market for a significant upcharge, currently $750-1,000 per ticket).
- Group transportation between the airport and hotel in New York if you are traveling with the group
- Baggage handling at the hotel for one large bag and appropriate baggage handling tips
Not included in the trip are fees for checking luggage with the airline, tips for optional tours, transportation in New York, meals, and tour and travel incidentals. If you are not traveling with the group, you will have to take a taxi from the airport to the hotel at your expense. Prices and details of offerings are subject to change. Additional charges incurred for deviations from the trip.
Options, including tours and a welcome dinner, will be offered at an additional cost.
Cancellation policy: $125 deposit is required at time of registration and is non-refundable. Final balance will be due 90 days prior to departure. Cancel 46+ days prior to departure date: We keep 50% of the trip cost. Cancel 0-45 days before departure date: No refund.
The Playhouse will provide travel insurance through our partner, Allied Travel. The Playhouse is not responsible for any airline delays.