A Love Offering
T’Wana Jepson has been bit before. And scratched. And kicked. And punched. And called every dirty word in the book. But so has her co-worker and work mama, Miss Georgia. It comes with the territory as a nurse’s aide caring for patients with Alzheimer’s and dementia. You learn to not take it personally and to lean on your co-workers for support. But after T’Wana is attacked by the patient in E 204, something happens that threatens the bonds of trust and friendship.
A Love Offering is a co-production of Pyramid Theatre Company and The Playhouse.
There will be conversations inside the theatre with audience, cast, directors, and playwright Jonthan Norton (via Zoom) following the Friday performances. There will be no preshow talks for this production.
Three ways to see A Love Offering
In-person: 7:30 PM Fridays & Saturdays, 2:00 PM Sundays, June 4-20, 2021
Click here to read our safety guidelines for in-person performances. Policies change and our website will reflect those changes and your Welcome email will contain expectations of all audience members at the performance which may include wearing a face mask.
Opening Night Livestream: 7:30 PM, Friday, June 4, 2021
Video-on-Demand: Thursdays, June 10 & June 17, 2021
Livestream and Video-on-demand (VOD) guidance
- When you order a streaming option, you will receive a link in the Your Confirmation email that comes from email@example.com. (Check your junk/spam folder as it sometimes ends up there.)
- The stream can be cast to your smart TV if your TV can accept casting. (The newer models do.) Or if you have ROKU or Chromecast, they too can accept your casting.
- If you purchase VOD, you can watch the video as many times as you want in a 24 hour period from the first time you start the video. Your link can only be used on one device.
- For both Livestream and VOD, there are three cameras in the house. While there are some varied angles, there are no movie/Hamilton on Disney+ close-ups. This is not a film; it is a recording of a live theatre production.
- FAQ: Why is video-on-demand only offered for a limited number of days? As with live performances, The Playhouse has to pay royalties on the show.
If you are using 2020-21 Flex Four season tickets, credit, a gift certificate, or a Guest Pass or volunteer comp voucher for your purchase, please click here or call the ticket office at 515.277.6261 to make your reservation. Ticket office hours are Noon-3:00 PM, Tuesdays-Fridays.
- Performance Times:
- 7:30 PM Fridays-Saturdays & 2:00 PM Sundays
- John Viars Theatre
- Run Time:
- 90 minutes; performed without intermission
- Content Advisory:
- Contains adult language. The Playhouse does not rate subject matter as sensitivities vary from person to person. If you have questions about content, age appropriateness, or other aspects of the show (ie strobe lights and other theatrical effects), please contact the ticket office at 515.277.6261.
- Download Playbill