Willkommen to the Kit Kat Klub, where you can “leave your troubles outside! In here, life is beautiful!” Outside, the threat of war looms in the city of Berlin. Inside, an eclectic group of characters, led by the bold Emcee, drink, cavort, and survive. Enter Cliff, a repressed American writer looking for his next novel, who finds a welcome in Sally Bowles, a sparkling and unpredictable cabaret performer. As the Nazi party’s influence grows, the threat of the outside world closes in on the cabaret.
Scenic designer Jay Michael Jagim has created an immersive environment that includes guest tables adjacent to the stage. Exclusive table seating is offered and includes a sparkling beverage (prosecco or non-alcoholic option) and chocolates. A limited number of tables are sold as single units with tables for parties of 4 and tables for parties of 2. Click here to purchase a VIP table.
Cabaret is presented in-person only; livestream and video-on-demand rights are not available.
Please note: The Playhouse remains committed to providing a healthy and safe environment for volunteers and guests and as such we are monitoring the current recommendations, guidelines, and restrictions to which we are subject. Based on CDC and state guidelines at the time of your event, protocols may include mask enforcement, social distancing, or more. Volunteers and guests who do not comply with Playhouse policies will not be admitted and guest tickets will be refunded. Click here to download our full safety guide updated Aug. 31, 2021.
Our safety guide has been updated and reflects these main changes.
- Masks are required for performances of Cabaret and with their eyes and during classes regardless of vaccine status. Volunteers and guests who do not comply will not be admitted and tickets or tuition will be refunded.
- The Playhouse will seat at full capacity if demand warrants.
- The Playhouse will make adjustments where possible at the time of the performance for those who prefer greater seating distance from other guests.
- Seating will begin at 7:00 PM for evening shows and 1:30 PM for the Sunday matinee. A preshow talk will be offered in the West Lobby starting 30 minutes prior to curtain.
- Performance Times:
- 7:30 PM Wednesdays through Saturdays & 2:00 PM Sundays; a preshow talk begins 30 minutes prior to curtain in the West Lobby
- John Viars Theatre
- Run Time:
- 2 hours 30 minutes including a 15-minute intermission
- Content Advisory:
- The Playhouse does not rate subject matter as sensitivities vary from person to person. If you have questions about content, age appropriateness, or other aspects of the show (ie strobe lights and other theatrical effects), please contact the ticket office at 515.277.6261.
- Download Playbill