Being a mouse in a house full of humans is an adventure waiting to happen. Stuart has plenty of little mishaps, like getting caught in a window-blind, participating in a boat race, and getting trapped in a garbage can. When his friend, the bird Margalo, disappears, this heroic mouse travels in search of her. It’s a great big world out there, and Stuart is ready to explore it.
Stuart Little and Leaving Iowa will be in repertory, alternating weeks. Stuart Little performances are Feb. 26-28 & Mar. 12-14, 2021.
If you are using credit, a gift certificate, or a Guest Pass for your seats, please click here or call the ticket office at 515.277.6261 to make your reservation. Ticket office hours are Noon-3:00 PM, Tuesdays-Fridays.
For those not yet ready to come into the theatre:
The Playhouse will provide a Livestream on opening night, Friday, Feb. 26, 2021. Click here to purchase the Opening Night Livestream of Stuart Little.
The Playhouse will offer video-on-demand Mar. 5-7 and Mar. 19-21, 2021. Click here to purchase Stuart LIttle on-demand.
Livestream and Video On-demand (VOD) guidance:
- When you order a streaming option, you will receive a link in Your Confirmation email that comes from firstname.lastname@example.org. (Check your junk/spam folder as it sometimes ends up there.)
- The stream can be cast to your smart TV if your TV can accept casting. (The newer models do.) Or if you have ROKU or Chromecast, they too can accept your casting.
- If you purchase VOD, you can watch the video as many times as you want in a 24 hour period from the first time you start the video. Your link can only be used on one device.
- For both Livestream and VOD, the camera is seated in the front row of the ramp – our most popular seat with patrons – and captures the entire stage. There are no Hamilton/Disney+ multiple cameras and close-ups; it is as if you are in the theatre, sitting in the front row of the ramp. If there is a preshow talk, that is included.
- FAQ: Why is video-on-demand only offered for a limited number of days? As with live performances, The Playhouse has to pay royalties on the show.
- Performance Times:
- 7:00 PM Fridays, 1:00 PM Saturdays & Sundays; Feb. 26-28 & Mar. 12-14, 2021
- Kate Goldman Children's Theatre
- Run Time:
- 60 minutes; performed without intermission
- Content Advisory:
- Playhouse children’s theatre productions are intended for ages 5 and up.