with their eyes
Tuesday, Sept. 11, started off like any other day at New York City’s Stuyvesant High School, located only a few blocks away from the World Trade Center. The semester was just beginning, and the students, faculty, and staff were ready to start a new year. But within a few hours on that Tuesday morning, they would share an experience that would transform their lives—and the lives of all Americans.
A deeply moving play remembering Sept. 11, 2001, written by high school students who witnessed the tragedy unfold, with their eyes remembers those who were lost and those who were forced to witness this tragedy. Here, in their own words, are the firsthand stories of a day we will never forget.
Both the live performances and the video-on-demand are donate-what-you-can with all proceeds going to local first responders. Along the checkout path, you will see a page for Donations.
Two ways to see with their eyes
In-person: 8:46 AM & 2:00 PM, Saturday, Sept. 11, 2021
Video-on-Demand: Available beginning at 7:00 PM, Saturday, Sept. 11, 2021, through midnight, Monday, Sept. 13, 2021
Video-on-demand (VOD) guidance
- When you order VOD, you will receive a link in the Your Confirmation email that comes from firstname.lastname@example.org. (Check your junk/spam folder as it sometimes ends up there.) Once you start viewing you have 24 hours to complete the video.
- The video can be cast to your smart TV if your TV can accept casting. (The newer models do.) Or if you have ROKU or Chromecast, they too can accept your casting.
- There are three cameras in The Playhouse’s John Viars Theatre. While there are some varied angles, there are no movie/Hamilton on Disney+ close-ups. This is not a film; it is a recording of a live theatre production.
Please note: The Playhouse remains committed to providing a healthy and safe environment for volunteers and guests and as such we are monitoring the current recommendations, guidelines, and restrictions to which we are subject. Based on CDC and state guidelines at the time of your event, protocols may include mask enforcement, social distancing, or more. Volunteers and guests who do not comply with Playhouse policies will not be admitted and guest tickets will be refunded. Click here to download our full safety guide updated Aug. 31, 2021.
Our safety guide has been updated and reflects these main changes.
- Masks are required for performances of Cabaret and with their eyes and during classes regardless of vaccine status. Volunteers and guests who do not comply will not be admitted and tickets or tuition will be refunded.
- The Playhouse will seat at full capacity if demand warrants.
- The Playhouse will make adjustments where possible at the time of the performance for those who prefer greater seating distance from other guests.
David R. & Barbara Kilpatrick
- Performance Times:
- 8:46 AM & 2:00 PM, Saturday, Sept. 11, 2021
- School Matinees:
- School matinees available through video-on-demand only.
- Special Events
- Run Time:
- 2 hours including 15-minute intermission
- Content Advisory:
- This show includes loss and trauma and contains some strong language.
- Download Playbill