BEST OF BROADWAY TOUR
Apr. 26-29, 2022
May 17-20, 2022
Both trips are at capacity.
Please read everything VERY CAREFULLY as there are many changes to travel.
- To keep prices at previous levels, $2249 per person double occupancy, we will be traveling Tuesday-Friday, seeing shows on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday evenings. There is still the opportunity to add a fourth show at a Wednesday matinee.
- At this time (extended through Apr. 30, 2022), theatres are requiring proof of vaccination or a negative COVID test 72-hours prior to attendance. They also require masks. It is possible rules will change by May trip dates – we will receive requirements 14 days prior to our trip – but those signing up are agreeing to show proof of vaccination or take a test and you are agreeing to wear a mask.
- Tickets in most theatres are digital. We have not yet heard about playbills.
- Some restaurants are still requiring masks.
- Delta is requiring all passengers to wear masks and masks are required in airports. It is possible rules will change by the May trip, but those signing up are agreeing to wear a mask.
What’s the same?
- The trip includes two theatre shows with the group and a third theatre show of the traveler’s choosing; roundtrip airfare on Delta; three nights stay at the Renaissance Times Square; and transportation between the hotel and airport.
- Playhouse artistic director Katy Merriman will chaperone one trip and director of philanthropy Ryan Crane and marketing and public relations director Lee Ann Bakros will chaperone the other.
- Allied Travel will offer travel insurance. To learn more about it, please contact Julie at Allied Travel, 515-270-7070.
Shows the group will see together in Spring 2022 are
The Music Man
Two-time Tony, Grammy, and Emmy winner Hugh Jackman will make his highly anticipated return to Broadway as Professor Harold Hill in Meredith Willson’s beloved classic, The Music Man. Two-time Tony-winning superstar Sutton Foster will star as Marian Paroo. The production is directed by four-time Tony winner Jerry Zaks with choreography by Tony winner Warren Carlyle.
There is trouble in River City when con artist Harold Hill arrives in town. There’s only one problem with his plans—he falls in love with the straight-laced librarian, Marian. Featuring songs such as “Seventy-Six Trombones,” “Trouble,” “‘Til There Was You,” “Pickalittle” and “Gary, Indiana.”
Divorced, beheaded, died, divorced, beheaded, survived. From Tudor Queens to Pop Princesses, the wives of Henry VIII take the mic to reclaim their identities out of the shadow of their infamous spouse—remixing 500 years of historical heartbr
eak into an exuberant celebration of 21st-century girl power. The female cast are backed by an all-female band, the “Ladies in Waiting.”
Six is co-directed by Lucy Moss and Jamie Armitage, featuring choreography by Carrie-Anne Ingrouille.
Shows scheduled to be open in Spring 2022 include
Birthday Candles with Debra Messing
The Minutes, a new play by Tracy Letts
MJ The Musical featuring the musical of Michael Jackson
Moulin Rouge! The Musical!
Plaza Suite with Matthew Broderick and Sarah Jessica Parker
Take Me Out
Tina: The Tina Turner Musical
Plus long-running shows like Disney’s Aladdin, The Book of Mormon, Chicago, Come From Away, Dear Evan Hansen, Hamilton, Harry Potter and the Cursed Child, Disney’s The Lion King, The Phantom of the Opera, and Wicked
New York Trip Cancelation Policies
The deposit will be refunded on or around Oct. 31, 2021, if we do not have enough travelers for the trip. A decision on the trip status will be made Oct. 15, 2021.
- If the trip is held and the traveler cancels after Oct. 15, 2021, The Music Man tickets are non-refundable ($300 plus fees per ticket).
- Airline penalties will be incurred for cancelations after Dec. 15, 2021.
- Some third show theatre tickets may not be refundable. Traveler will be advised of their third show refund policy before the purchase is made.
- Final balance due 90 days prior to trip: Jan. 25, 2022, for the April trip and Feb. 15, 2022, for the May trip.
- Cancel 45-90 days prior to trip: 50% of the trip cost is non-refundable.
- Cancel less than 45 days prior to trip: No refund.