For more than 30 years The Playhouse has escorted theatre fans to New York City to see the latest shows.
Best of Broadway Tour
Apr. 25-28, 2023
$2459 per person, double occupancy
$125 non-refundable deposit due at registration
The trip is sold out. Contact trip coordinator Lee Ann Bakros, 515.974.5358, to be placed on a waiting list.
The Playhouse trips are four days and three nights, Tuesday through Friday, and include:
- Two theatre shows, chosen by The Playhouse, with the group and a third theatre show of the traveler’s choosing;
- Roundtrip airfare, nonstop flights on Delta;
- Three nights stay at the Renaissance Times Square; and
- Transportation in New York between the airport and hotel.
The trips are escorted by the theatre’s executive director or artistic director. Additional activities offered at cost include a Welcome Dinner and a sightseeing tour.
Allied Travel will offer travel insurance. To learn more about it, please contact Shana at Allied Travel, 515-270-7070.
Shows the group will see together are:
- Some Like It Hot: The classic Billy Wilder film has been reimagined as a Big Broadway Musical Comedy. Two male musicians flee the Windy City after witnessing a mob hit by joining an all-girls band at a beach resort in Florida. Can they hide in plain sight? Or will the mob – and love – finally catch up with them? The show stars Christian Borle (Tony Award winner for Something Rotten), J. Harrison Ghee (replacement Lola in Kinky Boots), and Adrianna Hicks (Six, The Color Purple). Music is by Marc Shaiman and Scott Wittman (Tony Award winners for Hairspray) with a script by Tony Award winner Matthew Lopez and Emmy nominee Amber Ruffin, and direction and choreography by Casey Nicholas (Tony Award winner for The Book of Mormon.) Click here for video from the show.
- Camelot: Bartlet Sher, who so beautifully reinvigorated the classic musicals South Pacific, The King and I, Fiddler on the Roof, and My Fair Lady on the Lincoln Center stage, returns with a new version of the King Arthur tale. The great Lerner & Loewe songs – “If Ever I Would Leave You,” “What Do the Simple Folk Do?,” “How to Handle a Woman” – are all here. Aaron Sorkin has updated the script of a king who pursues justice and equality while being personally torn apart by his queen’s love for his best friend. The cast is headed by Philippa Soo (Tony Award nominee for Hamilton) as Guinevere, Andrew Burnap (Tony Award winner for The Inheritance) as King Arthur, and Jordan Donica (My Fair Lady) as Lancelot.
New York Trip Cancelation Policies
$125 per person non-refundable deposit due at registration
- If the traveler cancels after Dec. 30, 2022, Some Like It Hot and Camelot tickets are non-refundable.
- Airline penalties will be incurred for cancelations after Jan. 10, 2023.
- Some third show theatre tickets may not be refundable. Traveler will be advised of their third show refund policy before the purchase is made.
- Final balance due 90 days prior to trip, Jan. 25, 2023.
- Cancel 45-89 days prior to trip: 50% of the trip cost is non-refundable.
- Cancel less than 45 days prior to trip: No refund.
The Playhouse typically offers two trips in the spring and one trip in the fall.
Be sure to sign up for our email notices. Check the New York Theatre Trip Information list option.
Questions? Contact Lee Ann Bakros, Playhouse Trip Coordinator, 515.974.5358.