To create extraordinary, shared experiences through live theatre.
To be the home for artistic collaboration where any story can be told.
We commit to telling each story with cultural and artistic integrity.
We commit to ensuring an accessible home for theatre experiences.
We commit to bringing friends and neighbors together to create live theatre.
We commit to honoring each person’s unique contributions, perspectives, and talents.
Diversity, Inclusion, and Representation
The Playhouse makes the following commitments to all participants who work with us:
- We will continually seek opportunities to intern, mentor, include, and professionally engage participants of all races, gender, gender identity, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, and ability at all levels of our organization.
- Concerns will be addressed with generosity and humility.
- When invited to audition, prospective participants have the right to make inquiries about how their cultural personhood will be used within the production, particularly when the work will be devised (when there is no script at the time of audition). Inquiries will receive a thoughtful response and will remain confidential.
- Whenever possible, diversity and inclusion will be considered both in casting and in assembling production and design teams. In particular, culturally specific work should seek production personnel who can speak to that cultural experience.
- During the rehearsal process participants should voice concern if they feel uncomfortable with the use of their cultural personhood.