The mission of the Des Moines Community Playhouse is to change lives by entertaining, enriching and engaging the people of our community through producing high-quality theatrical presentations, avocational experiences, and life -long educational opportunities.
The Des Moines Community Playhouse is a vital part of a collaborative, energized, and engaged community that values art in its culture, particularly because of the contributions of high-quality avocational, educational, and entertaining theatre experiences.
At the Des Moines Community Playhouse, we value…
Theatre as Art Form,
- Embracing the responsibility to pursue high artistic standards.
Theatre as Avocation,
- Committing to enrich the lives of volunteers through the process, discipline and accomplishment of production.
Theatre as Learning,
- Supporting theatrical education to develop language, movement and visual skills, expand personal growth, and to broaden understanding of the human experience.
Theatre as Training,
- Designing and offering programs to assist members of our community who aspire to practice theatre as a profession.
Theatre as Community,
- Offering opportunities for collaboration and connection, which build personal and group associations.
Theatre as Leadership,
- Providing key resources locally for Iowa schools, theatres and organizations as well as regionally, nationally and internationally.
Theatre as Profession,
- Maintaining a nurturing and rewarding environment for professional staff members who carry our values to our community.
Theatre as Enjoyment,
- Pledging to consider the entertainment desires and needs of the community in our programming.
Theatre as Institution,
- Securing the future of theatre in our community through caring stewardship.