Agatha Christie’s Murder on the Orient Express
Climb aboard the Orient Express! Destination… MURDER. It’s winter 1934, and a luxury train, the Orient Express, is full of passengers. When a snowdrift stops the train, one of the passengers is found dead in his locked compartment. It’s up to the famous detective, Hercule Poirot, a fellow traveler, to solve this bizarre case before the killer strikes again. Join us for the ultimate whodunit… but don’t reveal the culprit to others.
Please join us in the West Lobby 30 minutes prior to each curtain for a pre-show talk presented by Playhouse staff.
Our safety guide has been updated and reflects these main changes.
- Masks are required for everyone regardless of vaccination status for performances of Agatha Christie’s Murder on the Orient Express. Volunteers and guests who do not comply will not be admitted and tickets will be refunded.
- The Playhouse will seat at full capacity if demand warrants.
Please note: The Playhouse remains committed to providing a healthy and safe environment for volunteers and guests and as such we are monitoring the current recommendations, guidelines, and restrictions to which we are subject. Based on CDC and state guidelines at the time of your event, protocols may include mask enforcement, social distancing, or more. Volunteers and guests who do not comply with Playhouse policies will not be admitted and guest tickets will be refunded. Click here to download our full safety guide updated Aug. 31, 2021.
Note: Streaming and video-on-demand rights are not available for Agatha Christie’s Murder on the Orient Express. This show will be in-person only.
- Performance Times:
- 7:30 PM Wednesdays through Saturdays & 2:00 PM Sundays
- John Viars Theatre
- Run Time:
- 2 hours including a 15-minute intermission
- Content Advisory:
- The Playhouse does not rate subject matter as sensitivities vary from person to person. If you have questions about content, age appropriateness, or other aspects of the show (ie strobe lights and other theatrical effects), please contact the ticket office at 515.277.6261.
- Download Playbill