Updated Apr. 14, 2021
The arts have an incredible power to provide connection and community in even the most isolating times. The Playhouse provides a place where together we can share laughter, tears, and a much-needed retreat from all that we have endured.
Our volunteers and staff safely presented four shows outdoors as Live Theatre Drive-In, June-August 2020. We started offering shows inside the theatre, October 2020-present, with 35% capacity, as well as in-person classes with limited capacity. We’ve had no record of someone able to trace a contact on our premises. Our few notifications of possible infections from our casts were either false reports or the individual was not in the theatre while contagious.
Protecting Yourself & Others
- Please do not come if you are feeling unwell or have been unwell in the past 14 days, have been recently diagnosed with COVID-19, or are awaiting a COVID-19 test result. We will refund your ticket order.
- Anyone over the age of 2 will still be required to correctly wear a mask inside The Playhouse, and social distancing practices will be followed.
- Volunteers and staff will indicate public pathways designed to minimize interactions between guests in the lobbies and auditorium.
- Hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol is readily available throughout public areas.
- No tickets are issued. Seating will be assigned by the ticket office, based upon when tickets were purchased and the size of groups, with at least 6′ distance between parties. If wheelchair, visual, or audio accommodations are requested, they will be honored.
This is an example, using primarily parties of 2 and 4 (the pink lines), of how parties will be seated.
• Guests will be seated in every other row. Exceptions, as illustrated in the Ramp, are where we can stagger parties without overlap.
• There will be 2 seats between each unique party to provide appropriate physical distancing.
• Seats 8, 14, and 19 in the empty rows on the Main Floor have been removed to minimize contact between guests as they go to their seats.
• Guests will be required to wear masks even when seated.
- Playbills are entirely digital. Links are sent in Welcome emails and posted on shows’ website pages.
- A limited array of prepackaged concessions will be offered.
- Credit/debit cards are preferred for contactless payments.
- All shows are performed without intermission. Each show runs 60-90 minutes.
- Staff will sanitize the restroom after the show starts. Please maintain good physical distances while waiting.
Playhouse Additional Safety Practices
- Volunteers and staff are required to wear masks at all times.
- Volunteers and staff have their temperature checked upon arrival and are required to wash hands frequently.
- Cleaning and disinfecting practices include frequent sanitizing of high-touch areas and daily disinfection of all hard surfaces.
- Tickets can be exchanged or refunded if guests are feeling unwell or have been in contact with someone diagnosed with COVID-19.
An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place. COVID-19 is an extremely contagious disease that can lead to severe illness and death. By entering The Playhouse’s facilities, guests, volunteers, and staff voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19.
We have drawn upon the guidelines suggested by local, state, and federal agencies, experts, and associations. The Playhouse remains committed to monitoring the current recommendations, guidelines, and restrictions to which we are subject. DMCP Safety Guide for Covid-19 Effective 4-14-21