Leaving Iowa Opening Night Livestream
An outlandish take on the classic family road trip, Leaving Iowa, is the story of writer Don who returns home to find a final resting place for his father’s ashes. When he discovers his grandmother’s house is now a grocery store, Don travels across Iowa searching for a proper resting place for his father. This father and son road-trip transitions smoothly between Don’s present predicament and his memories of the torturous but hilarious annual family vacations with Mom, Dad, and Sis. With his father’s help, Don realizes that the journey really is as important as the destination.
Livestream and Video On-demand (VOD) guidance:
- When you order a streaming option, you will receive a link in Your Confirmation email that comes from email@example.com. (Check your junk/spam folder as it sometimes ends up there.)
- The stream can be cast to your smart TV if your TV can accept casting. (The newer models do.) Or if you have ROKU or Chromecast, they too can accept your casting.
- If you purchase VOD, you can watch the video as many times as you want in a 24 hour period from the first time you start the video. Your link can only be used on one device.
- For both Livestream and VOD, the camera is seated in the front row of the ramp – our most popular seat with patrons – and captures the entire stage. There are no Hamilton/Disney+ multiple cameras and close-ups; it is as if you are in the theatre, sitting in the front row of the ramp. If there is a preshow talk, that is included.
Leaving Iowa has live in-person performances, Feb. 19-Mar. 21, 2021. Leaving Iowa and Stuart Little will be in repertory, alternating weeks. Leaving Iowa performances are Feb. 19-21, Mar. 4-7, & Mar. 18-21, 2021. Click here to purchase tickets to in-person performances of Leaving Iowa.
- Performance Times:
- 7:00 PM preshow talk, 7:30 PM curtain
- Livestream & On-Demand
- Run Time:
- 90 minutes; performed without intermission
- Content Advisory:
- The Playhouse does not rate subject matter as sensitivities vary from person to person. If you have questions about content, age appropriateness, or other aspects of the show (ie strobe lights and other theatrical effects), please contact the ticket office at 515.277.6261.