Leaving Iowa Video-on-demand
Not ready to return to the theatre? No problem. A recording of a live performance will be available for purchase on-demand for a one-time viewing, Mar. 12-14 or Mar. 26-28, 2021.
An outlandish take on the classic family road trip, Leaving Iowa is the story of writer Don who returns home to find a final resting place for his father’s ashes. When he discovers his grandmother’s house is now a grocery store, Don travels across Iowa searching for a proper resting place for his father. This father and son road-trip transitions smoothly between Don’s present predicament and his memories of the torturous but hilarious annual family vacations with Mom, Dad, and Sis. With his father’s help, Don realizes that the journey really is as important as the destination.
If you are using 2020-21 Flex Four season tickets, credit, a gift certificate, or a Guest Pass for your video, please click here or call the ticket office at 515.277.6261 to make your reservation. Ticket office hours are Noon-3:00 PM, Tuesdays-Fridays.
Livestream and Video-on-demand (VOD) guidance:
- When you order a streaming option, you will receive a link in the Your Confirmation email that comes from firstname.lastname@example.org. (Check your junk/spam folder as it sometimes ends up there.)
- The stream can be cast to your smart TV if your TV can accept casting. (The newer models do.) Or if you have ROKU or Chromecast, they too can accept your casting.
- If you purchase VOD, you can watch the video as many times as you want in a 24 hour period from the first time you start the video. Your link can only be used on one device.
- For both Livestream and VOD, there are three cameras in the house. While there are some varied angles, there are no movie/Hamilton on Disney+ close-ups. This is not a film; it is a recording of a live theatre production.
- FAQ: Why is video-on-demand only offered for a limited number of days? As with live performances, The Playhouse has to pay royalties on the show.
Leaving Iowa and Stuart Little will be in repertory, alternating weeks. Leaving Iowa performances are Feb. 19-21, Mar. 4-7, & Mar. 18-21, 2021. Click here to purchase tickets to an in-person performance of Leaving Iowa.
- Performance Times:
- Available on-demand Mar. 12-14, 2021, and Mar. 26-28, 2021.
- Livestream & On-Demand
- Run Time:
- 100 minutes; performed without intermission
- Content Advisory:
- The Playhouse does not rate subject matter as sensitivities vary from person to person. If you have questions about content, age appropriateness, or other aspects of the show (ie strobe lights and other theatrical effects), please contact the ticket office at 515.277.6261.
- Download Playbill