Give

donation-button

The Des Moines Playhouse: Enriching our community for 99 years

Did you know that ticket prices only cover about 59% of the cost of creating theatre?  Where does the other 41% of our budget come from?  Some from Foundations, Corporations and Governmental Agencies. 

Most of our support comes from You, individuals who are our patrons, audience members and volunteers.

We understand that your capacities and interests are varied, so we offer several opportunities to share your appreciation for the playhouse and our programming.

Your tax-deductible contribution helps us touch thousands of lives across the state with exceptional productions, nationally-acclaimed education programs, and standard-setting outreach.  A variety of levels give you a range of recognition and benefits.

Our corporate partners play a vital role producing theatrical and educational experiences at the Playhouse. Whether it’s royalties, set construction or costuming, corporate support helps offset the initial costs of production.  In return, our corporate partners are offered a variety of benefits and marketing exposure.

You can join the Future Stages Society by including the Playhouse in your will or estate plans. You don’t need to be rich to leave a lasting legacy. You can provide for your heirs, gain important tax benefits, and even receive an income now by making a thoughtful planned gift.

There are a variety of ways to support the Playhouse. Amazon Smile and GiveNik allow you to give to the Playhouse every time you shop on Amazon or buy Broadway tickets with no additional cost to you. 

The Playhouse hosts a variety of special events throughout the year to raise funds for our programming and engage the community in fun, interactive evenings. Upcoming fundraising events at the Playhouse include: 

We are counting down to the Playhouse’s 100th anniversary, so we are celebrating early with a flashback through Broadway and Playhouse history. Support the Playhouse by joining us for an evening of showtunes from popular musicals, all sung by your favorite Playhouse performers.

A donation to our Seat Campaign brings us one seat closer to replacing our seats in the Mainstage auditorium. Each donation will be memorialized with a plaque on the arm rest of the chair. Everyone who enjoys a production in the Mainstage will recognize, and appreciate, your commitment to the Playhouse.

Every gift to the Playhouse supports:

  • Almost 250 live performances each year
  • Theatre education to 1,000 disadvantage students through Spotlight: Literacy
  • 1,800 youth in theatre classes, workshops and summer camps.
  • 4,000 tickets for your who can’t afford to attend productions
  • 1,700 volunteers to develop and showcase their talents.

Your gift makes it possible for the playhouse to be “More than a Theatre: to over 70,000 people each year. 

For more information about supporting the Playhouse and its programs, contact Chris Andersen, director of philanthropy, at 515.974.5370.