Clicking on one of the links to purchase tickets will confirm that you have read and understood the online ticketing policies below the event list.
Individual Tickets: Adult and Student (infant through college) prices available. In the Mainstage, Senior (ages 62+) prices also available. Use the pulldown menu after choosing your seats to select Senior and Student prices.
Groups of 15+ receive a discount by calling 515-974-5358.
Season Tickets: Adult (including Senior) and Student (infant through college) prices available.
Mainstage Content Advisory: The Playhouse does not rate subject matter as sensitivities vary from person to person. If you have questions about content, age appropriateness, or other aspects of the show (ie strobe lights and other theatrical affects), please contact the ticket office at 515-277-6261.
Children’s Theatre Age Intention: Playhouse children’s theatre productions are intended for ages 5 and up.
All persons entering the theatre, regardless of age, must have a ticket.
All orders, whether purchased online, by phone, or at the ticket office, are subject to the same fees.
Questions should be directed to the Playhouse Ticket Office, 515-277-6261. Ticket Office hours are Noon-6:00 PM, Tuesday-Friday, and two hours prior to curtain on show days.
Shows & Events Now On Sale
2018-19 Mainstage Season Tickets
2018-19 Flex Four
2018-19 Kate Goldman Children’s Theatre Season Tickets
Best Seat in the House Campaign
Billy Elliot the Musical, Oct. 5-28, 2018
2018 Honoring Playhouse Legends, Oct. 20, 2018
Hollywood Halloween, Oct. 26, 2018
The Best Christmas Pageant Ever, Nov. 2-25, 2018
Elf – The Musical, Nov. 30-Dec. 23, 2018
The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane, Jan. 4-20, 2019
Baskerville: A Sherlock Holmes Mystery, Jan. 25-Feb. 10, 2019
Judy Moody & Stink: The Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad Treasure Hunt, Feb. 22-Mar. 10, 2019
Catch Me If You Can, Mar. 22-Apr. 14, 2019
Ella Enchanted, Apr. 26-May 12, 2019
Silent Sky, May 30-June 16, 2019
Disney’s Newsies, July 12-Aug. 4, 2019
Flex Four holders wanting to reserve tickets for a specific performance need to contact the Playhouse ticket office at 515-277-6261.
Groups of 15 receive discounts by calling Shelby Jensen group sales, at 515-974-5361. All shows are on sale to groups.
School Matinee reservations may be made by calling Robin Spahr, education registrar, at 515-974-5365. All school matinees are on sale.
Friday Funday reservations for groups of 15 or more may be made by calling the Playhouse Ticket Office, 515-277-6261.
||The Playhouse strives to make its facility and performances accessible to all guests. Theatres are wheelchair accessible. Service animals are welcome. Assisted listening devices, large print programs, and braille programs are available at Mainstage performances. ASL interpreted performances, audio description, and other services may be available with advance notice. Please call the ticket office with specific service requests.
Online Ticketing Policies
- All sales are final. No refunds.
- All orders, whether purchased online, by phone, or at the ticket office, are subject to the same service, ticketing, and processing fees. Ticket fees help to offset the cost of running our ticket system.
- Tickets may be exchanged up to 24 hours prior to the performance by calling the Playhouse Ticket Office, 515-277-6261. Ticket office hours are Noon-6:00 PM, Tuesday-Friday, and 2 hours prior to curtain on evenings and weekends.
- All persons entering the theatre, regardless of age, must have a ticket. Seniors are adults ages 62+. Students are infants through college student.
- Although there are no age restrictions, parents should use discretion regarding appropriateness of some shows.
- Season ticket holders wanting to make an online purchase for additional tickets to shows must use their assigned discount code to receive subscriber discounts. If you place the online order and the discount code has not been used, we are unable to refund the difference.
- When using a discount code, click on Apply and confirm the code has been accepted. If you place the online order and the discount code has not been validated, we are unable to refund the difference.
- Gift Certificates, Guest Passes, and other coupons and credits are not redeemable online. Redeem these items at the Playhouse Ticket Office, by phone at 515-277-6261 and in person. Do not place an online order. If you place the online order, we are unable to refund the online purchases.
- Your tickets will be a PDF attachment to an email from firstname.lastname@example.org. You can print your tickets, or you can just show them to us on your smartphone.
- Cancellations due to bad weather are typically not decided until 3:00 PM on performance day and 11:00 AM on a weekend matinee day. Cancellations will be noted on the phone system and website, and announced by the media whenever possible. Please be sure you include your email information and phone when ordering your tickets in the event we need to contact you. Tickets for a cancelled performance may be exchanged for another performance.
- In the Mainstage, $29 Hot Tickets are available 2 hours prior to curtain, are limited to available tickets, and available for purchase in person at the ticket office only.
- Student Rush Tickets are $15 for musicals and $10 for straight plays. Purchases are limited to 2 tickets per student ID, and only available at the ticket office 2 hours prior to curtain.
Des Moines Community Playhouse Ticket Office
831 42nd St., Des Moines, IA 50312
515-277-6261, Noon-6 PM, Tuesday-Friday