Oct. 26-29, 2017
$2199 per person, double occupancy
Led by Playhouse artistic director John Viars, the trip includes:
- Round trip airfare between Des Moines and New York on Delta Airlines
- 3 night double occupancy at the Renaissance Times Square
- 3 Broadway theatre tickets: The groups sees shows together on Thursday and Friday evenings.
- On Thursday evening, the group will see the heartwarming new musical Come From Away. Set on and after Sept. 11, 2001, it follows the stories of 7,000 stranded passengers and the citizens of the small Newfoundland town that took them in. Come From Away was nominated for seven Tony Awards in 2017, and won the award for Best Direction of a Musical.
- Friday night, the group will see The Band’s Visit, a new musical starring Tony Shaloub (TV’s Monk).
- Saturday night is traveler’s choice. (Hamilton is not one of the chosen plays as it is scheduled for the Des Moines Performing Arts’ 2017-18 Season. It is possible that a limited number of Hamilton tickets can be obtained on the secondary market for a significant upcharge, currently $750-1,000 per ticket).
- Group transportation between the airport and hotel in New York if you are traveling with the group
- Baggage handling at the hotel for one large bag and appropriate baggage handling tips
Not included in the trip are fees for checking luggage with the airline, tips for optional tours, transportation in New York, meals, and tour and travel incidentals. If you are not traveling with the group, you will have to take a taxi from the airport to the hotel at your expense. Prices and details of offerings are subject to change. Additional charges incurred for deviations from the trip.
Register today as trips sell out quickly!
Options, including tours and a welcome dinner, will be offered at an additional cost.
Cancellation policy: $50 is non-refundable. Airfare is non-refundable. Additional refunds based on ability to resell those portions of the trip.
The Playhouse does not offer trip insurance. We suggest you check with your personal insurance carrier or visit allianztravelinsurance.com or travelguard.com. The Playhouse is not responsible for any airline delays.