Playhouse on the Air Presents: Miracle on 34th Street On-demand
Enter a 1940s radio studio where a radio host, sound effects artists, and a star-studded acting company bring the holiday classic, Miracle on 34th Street, to life. Young Susan Walker has been raised by her well-meaning mother, Doris, not to believe in Santa Claus. Then she meets Kris Kringle, the man hired to play Santa at Macy’s department store. When a jealous Macy’s employee frames Kris for an assault, attorney Fred Gailey must prove to Doris, Susan, and a court of law that Kris IS the real Santa. Perfect for the whole family!
For those not yet ready to come into the theatre, The Playhouse also provided a Livestream on opening night, Friday, Dec. 4, 2020. That opening night livestream is available on-demand.
Livestream and Video On-Demand (VOD) guidance:
- When you order one of these streaming options, you will receive a link in Your Confirmation email that comes from firstname.lastname@example.org. (Check your junk/spam folder as it sometimes ends up there.)
- The stream can be cast to your smart TV if your TV can accept casting. (The newer models do.) Or if you have ROKU or Chromecast, they too can accept your casting.
- If you purchase VOD, you can watch the video as many times as you want in a 24 hour period from the first time you start the video. Your link can only be used on one device.
- For both Livestream and VOD, the camera is seated in the front row of the ramp – our most popular seat with patrons – and captures the entire stage. There are no Hamilton/Disney+ multiple cameras and close-ups; it is as if you are in the theatre, sitting in the front row of the ramp. If there is a preshow talk, that is included.
Looking for an authentic radio play experience? Two of our partners are airing the audio, complete with sound effects, on Christmas Eve, Dec. 24, 2020. Both offer streaming opportunities on their website for those out of the area.
- 9:00 AM, Thursday, Dec. 24, 2020, on WHO-AM 1040
- 7:00 PM, Thursday, Dec. 24, 2020, on KFMG 98.9 FM
- Performance Times:
- Available on-demand Dec. 9-27, 2020
- Livestream & On-Demand
- Run Time:
- 100 minutes; performed without intermission
- Content Advisory:
- Playhouse holiday productions are intended for ages 5 and up. The Playhouse does not rate subject matter as sensitivities vary from person to person. If you have questions about content, age-appropriateness, or other aspects of the show (ie strobe lights and other theatrical effects), please contact the ticket office at 515.277.6261.
- Download Playbill